NUCYNTA: TITRATE TO AN OPTIMAL THERAPEUTIC DOSE
NUCYNTA is available in 50 mg, 75 mg, and 100 mg doses for titration to a therapeutic dose.
- Use the lowest effective dosage for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals
- Individualize dosing based on the severity of pain, patient response, prior analgesic experience, and risk factors for addiction, abuse, and misuse
NUCYNTA tablets may be given with or without food.
If acute pain becomes chronic, consider an extended-release medication.
CONVERSION FROM NUCYNTA TO NUCYNTA ER1,2
- Patients can be converted from NUCYNTA to NUCYNTA ER using the equivalent total daily dose of NUCYNTA and dividing it into 2 equal doses, separated by ~12‑hour intervals
- As an example, a patient receiving 50 mg of NUCYNTA 4 times per day (200 mg/day) may be converted to 100 mg NUCYNTA ER ~q12h
- Although the maximum approved total daily dose of immediate‑release NUCYNTA is 600 mg per day (700 mg on the first day of therapy), the maximum total daily dose of NUCYNTA ER is 500 mg
NUCYNTA ER must be swallowed whole, with or without food.
Individualize dosing based on patient’s prior analgesic treatment experience and risk factors for addiction, abuse, and misuse; titrate as needed to provide adequate analgesia and minimize adverse reactions. Please see Important Safety Information for NUCYNTA ER.
Please see full Prescribing Information for complete information on DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION.
- NUCYNTA (package insert). Stoughton, MA: Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc.; 2019.
- NUCYNTA ER (package insert). Stoughton, MA: Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc.; 2019.