Chronic Pain Treatment
NUCYNTA® ER is:
- A strong prescription pain medicine that contains an opioid (narcotic) that is used to manage pain severe enough to require daily around-the-clock, long‑term treatment with an opioid, when other pain treatments such as non‑opioid pain medicines or immediate‑release opioid medicines do not treat your pain well enough or you cannot tolerate them
- Also used to manage pain from damaged nerves (neuropathic pain) that happens with diabetes and is severe enough to require daily around-the-clock, long-term treatment with an opioid, when other pain treatments such as non-opioid pain medicines do not treat your pain well enough or you cannot tolerate them
- A long‑acting (extended‑release) opioid pain medicine that can put you at risk for overdose and death. Even if you take your dose correctly as prescribed, you are at risk for opioid addiction, abuse, and misuse that can lead to death
- Used to treat around-the-clock pain only
PRINT A NUCYNTA® ER SAVINGS CARD
for first prescriptions of NUCYNTA® ER, with a $25 co-pay on each additional prescription if eligible*
HOW YOU CAN SAVE:
- Present your Savings Card to your pharmacist along with your NUCYNTA® ER prescription to receive instant savings
- If the pharmacy is unable to process the Savings Card, you can request a rebate by calling 1‑866‑736‑8180
- For questions regarding eligibility or benefits, call the NUCYNTA® ER Savings Card Program at 1‑866‑736‑8180 (Monday–Friday, 8:00AM to 8:00PM ET)
*Some restrictions apply. See eligibility criteria on Savings Card. Available to commercially insured and cash-paying patients only. Patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other state or federally funded benefit program are excluded. Patients must be 18 years of age or older. This promotion cannot be combined with any other programs, offers, or discounts. Depomed reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without further notice.
For some patients, getting their prescription pain medication filled at the pharmacy can be challenging. Here's how you can avoid this common challenge and ensure you get your prescription:
To locate the nearest pharmacy that has NUCYNTA® ER (tapentadol) extended-release tablets in stock, call 1-866-395-3022, Monday-Friday, 8AM-9PM ET.
Within an hour, a NUCYNTA® ER Pharmacy Locator Specialist will call you back and provide the location of the nearest pharmacy able to fill your prescription.